Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Just Spending Time With My Dad

Last weekend, our family took a trip to Clayton, North Carolina to see my dad for a mini-Christmas celebration. My dad definitely has Christmasitis because he now has more yard ornaments than ever. Three years ago my dad would have never put anything in his yard for Christmas, so I'm hoping it's not genetic. What I am thrilled about is the opportunity to worship with my dad at his church. He loves attending Crossroads Fellowship in Raleigh and it's not difficult to see why. Crossroads is a big church - but it's a big church with a big heart. They do a lot of great things in worship and discipleship, but living their faith in the community is what they do best. As their pastor brought the message last Sunday, I was very thankful to God that my dad found such an incredible church. I know that many large churches lose their heart, but it doesn't have to be that way and Crossroads church is proof of that. So for any pastors reading this, I hope that your church grows. I personally believe it is sinful for a church not to grow if it resides in a growing area. Just don't lose your heart in the process. Oh, and be sure to spend time with your family for Christmas. They may drive you crazy sometimes, but they're the only family you've got.

CAP