Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Little Like Me

I know I blog an awful lot about my kids, but isn't it amazing how God refreshes our thinking vicariously through the experiences of our children? A few days ago, my son (excited about his Christmas toys) asked, "Daddy, do you want to play with me?" I told him I did and the next words he spoke were profound - "Daddy, you'll have to become little like me." In his mind, I couldn't truly have fun with him unless I was little like he was. What does that remind you of? Matthew 18:2-3 says, "Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven." True faith is childlike in its simplicity and that is what the world cannot comprehend. My brother-in-law is a gamer and asked me to get on YouTube and do a search for XBox 360 - Project Natal. I was intrigued by what I saw because in the near future, gamers will no longer need controllers to play games. The game system will be able to recognize body movements - making controllers obsolete. How is it that R&D scientists can invent technology that will allow us to move our hands and feet to control a video game, but we have a hard time believing that an omniscient intelligent designer (God) can create the universe and order everything in it? Evolutionists will not allow themselves to think like children, even though science mimics the creation process. How big is our God? The bigger He is, the littler we all must become.

CAP