Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bragging On God

One of the fun things I like to do with my son is flex my arm and say, "Joshua, what is that?" To which he will say, "That's a big muscle!" He is an intelligent boy. Lauren is too old now to tell me what I want to hear. In Daniel 9:3-7 we see a prayer that would be a good model for each of us. Daniel takes time to brag on God before asking God for a thing. In fact, it's not until v.17 that we even see a request from Daniel. I believe that we need to take time to brag on our Heavenly Father before we ask Him for things. I know that He is God and that He is totally self-sufficient, but I believe the Lord does appreciate it when we acknowledge all of His awesome attributes. So the next time you want to ask God for something - make sure to tell Him how big His muscles are first.

Psalm 89:13
You have a mighty arm;Strong is Your hand . . .

personal photo donated by Pastor Polston . . . yeah right.

CAP