Friday, March 6, 2009

I Was Afraid This Might Happen

In Job chapter 3, Job says something that I never noticed before. He said, "For the thing I greatly feared has come upon me, and what I dreaded has happened to me." Is it possible that this man of God had a secret fear - that all he possessed would one day be taken away? If that is true and the devil knew it, then it makes perfect sense that the devil would attack Job by creating his worst fear. What do you fear? If you know what it is, then chances are the enemy knows as well and would love to get God's permission to make your fears come true. Conforming to the image of Christ means facing our fears. Jesus was troubled at the thought of being separated from His Father and asked for the cup of judgment to pass from Him. But ultimately our Lord said, "Not my will, but your will be done." Conquering our fears has more to do with trusting God and less to do with relying on the power of our own will. When we refuse to trust God we are giving leverage to the enemy that will be used against us when we are most vulnerable. Face your fears.

CAP

When you have time, read Job 3